Introducing PERLER COMMISSIONS FOR CREATORS!
I love making Perler bead art soooo much that I’ve decided to open commissions for my fellow art peeps : ) If you make pixel art of your own than I’d be honored to turn your creations into Perler Bead art for you to display in your creative cave!
Once you’ve filled out the information below and submitted your order, I will be in touch with you shortly to discuss any ideas you have for the project. Please have your pixel image ready.
1. First I need an image to create from. Here’s an example of pixel art I created using the app “Pixaki”.
2. Next I determine the size to make sure I’m using the proper pegboard. This one is around 40 pixels high, so it’s going to be a pretty large piece.
3. Time to bead the pegboard! A piece this size takes me around an hour to fill in.
4. When I finish adding the beads, I compare the image to make sure everything’s in the correct place.
5. Next, it’s time to iron the piece. I use an ironing technique called “the flat melt”, which works really well for re-creating pixel art. Once the piece is ironed, I keep it under a heavy book for around 30 minutes to ensure the piece stays flat and doesn’t warp later.
6. Wellah! The piece is complete : ) I chose to mount this one to an 8”x10” painted canvas, which is a great option if you want to display your Perler Art on a wall. This is an available option you can chose when ordering.